This is a 'accidental' recipe because I mistakenly added only half the portion of required cream cheese, which turned out that my family actually loves it because it less cheesy, how amusing! My nephew's birthday falls right on Christmas day, thus I decided to make him a birthday cum Christmas cake on our family dinner on Christmas Day. He obviously loves it 'cos this is his first homemade birthday cake! Oh gosh, I think I gonna be busy because I have seven nephews and nieces! If you prefer the full-flavoured cream-cheese cake, click here.
Make 8-9" pan
For the crust:
250g digestive biscuit or store-bought/Homemade Graham Crackers or Oreo
100g butter, melted
2 tsp caster sugar (optional)
For the filling:
240ml whipping / thickened / heavy cream (I used this sweetened whipping cream)
250g cream cheese, softened
1 tsp vanilla extract
60g caster sugar
40ml condensed milk
14pcs Oreo cookies, filling removed & crushed.
Some mini Oreo (optional, for decoration)
1. For the base: Crush the biscuits and mix with butter and caster sugar. Press mixture gently into a springform pan and refrigerate for about 10 minutes.
2. For the filling: Whip the cream until soft peak stage. Set aside.
3. In a mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese, vanilla extract, and sugar together, followed by condensed milk. Beat until mixture is smooth.
4. Fold in the whipped cream, followed by the Oreo cookies. Leave some cookies for decoration later.
5. Spread the mixture on top of chilled crust. Tap the pan a few times to remove any air bubbles. Decorate with remaining Oreo cookies and mini Oreo.
6. Freeze overnight or at least 6 hours. Serve!
☼ I prefer to remove the filing of Oreo cookies so that the cake will not turn out too sweet.
☼ Reduce the amount of sugar and condensed milk if required. Always incorporate these slowly and taste from time to time, until it reaches your preferred sweetness.