.

Choco-Mint Ice Cream

 
It's Christmas! Since I have no time to bake, I decided to do a cold dessert that is green in colour to resemble the Christmas and to get some Christmas mood! Mint chocolate.. my all time favourite as it is very refreshing!
 
Yield 350ml

Ingredients
 300ml whipping/thickened/heavy cream (I used sweetened whipping cream)
 80ml condensed milk
 1 tsp vanilla extract
 2 tsp peppermint extract
 1 tsp green/apple food colouring (optional)

Method
1. Whip the cream until soft peak stage.
 
2. Add in condensed milk and vanilla essence. Beat until mixture is smooth.

3. Add in the peppermint extract and food colouring, Mix until the colouring is consistent.

4. Place mixture into a container with lid. Freeze overnight or at least 6 hours.

5. Garnish with your favourite topping e.g. chopped almond, melted chocolate. Serve!

Chef's Notes
 ☼ Only a small amount of condensed milk is added because of this sweetened whipping cream that I used. You may increase the amount of condensed milk as desired or if you are using non-sweetened cream. 

☼ Increase the amount of condensed milk if required. Always incorporate these slowly and taste from time to time, until it reaches your preferred sweetness.

☼ Many recipes called for caster sugar, but i skip this because the mixture is already quite sweet after adding the condensed milk. 

5 comments:

  1. Hey Daphne! I had tried your recipe but without adding peppermint as my lil one prefers choco flavour.The texture is creamy and yummy! We can now satisfy our ice cream craving anytime...Thanks for sharing :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thrilled to know your kids & u enjoyed it! Do try the other recipes ya ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes definitely will. u have so many interesting recipes to try out . ^^

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rachel Wong13 October, 2014

    Hey Daphne, I tried this, this is crazily easy, amazing! Thanks for sharing this recipe, love!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rachel, thanks for trying out my recipe. My family love this too, even my little nephew loves this mint flavour (which is kindly 'spicy' to kids), I'm pleasantly surprised too! ;)

      Delete