.

♂ 'Cheater' Nonya Laksa

Kenbo - Vegetarian Nyonya Laksa Paste
Before I master my homemade Singapore Laksa recipe, I use this Laksa paste as shortcut and my weekly quick fix for Laksa craving. But after I have my own recipe, I do not buy this anymore! Anyway, I like the fact that this is quite natural. This brand has many other premix like Hainanese Chicken Rice Mix etc, click here for their list of products. The direction for this cooking this Laska is so easy, and simply fool-proof! However, I personally do not prefer this Nyonya laksa compared to the typical Singapore style laksa, I wouldn't buy it again to be frank. But everyone has different taste buds, to each his ow, why not give it a try? Recently I found another vegetarian Laksa paste which tastes great and more value for money too, will update the post when I blogged about it.
 
Serve 2-3
 
Ingredients
 900 ml litre water
 200ml fresh or trim coconut milk *
 5 tofu puff, sliced
 1/4 block of firm tofu, sliced (optional)
 1 cup straw mushrooms (halve) or any of your favourite mushroom (optional)
 1 cup beansprout, lightly packed
 180g Hokkien yellow noodles or rice vermicelli, blanched
 
Garnish
 2 Tbsp laksa leaves, finely chopped
 1 tsp vegetarian belacan
 
Method
1) Bring to boil water, coconut milk and Laksa paste for about 5 minutes.

2) Add tofu puff, firm tofu, mushroom and continue to boil.
 
3) Add in beansprouts and cook for one minute, and off the heat.

4) To serve, divide vermicelli/noodles among serving bowls. Ladle the laksa soup into individual serving bowls and sprinkle some shredded laksa leaves, and add more belacan if required.

Notes
☼ *For the 200ml coconut milk, I replace with 100ml coconut milk and 100ml soy milk

☼ The direction by the manufacturer indicated 1.5 litre, this is really too much especially with the addition of 200ml coconut milk, the whole soup become very watery, so I keep to 900ml. You may add more water if you prefer, up to individual.

Where to get this?
Cheapest at SGD1.70 for One Packet at 250gm.
Available at Friendly Vegetarian Food Supplier 
Location: Pasir Panjang & Ang Mo Kio


Also available at SGD2.00 at:
☼ Seng Siong Supermarket
Mustafa Center
Yue Hwa Chinese Products Supermarket
Ang Mo Supermarket

☼ Various vegetarian shops in Singapore



No comments:

Post a Comment